Welcome to Sainik School, Chittorgarh
Sainik School, Chittorgarh (Rajasthan), was established on 07 Aug 1961. It is one of the first five Sainik Schools started in various states by the Ministry of Defence in association with respective State Governments under the aegis of the Sainik School Society. The first batch of class XI students of this School appeared for Indian School Certificate Examination during Nov-Dec 1961. Later, in 1968, the school changed over to the CBSE, and offers only Science Stream at Senior Secondary level being a feeder institution to the NDA. It is also a member of the All India Public Schools Conference (IPSC).
The saga of Chittorgarh where the School is located is replete with heroic tales of romance and chivalry. Its history revolves around the ancient Chittor Fort that dates back to 566 AD when the Sisodias reigned over Mewar, an important part of the Rajput Kingdom. It was a dynasty which upheld the traditional values of courage and honour to keep alive its independence. Over the centuries, Chittorgarh was attacked and sacked by Allauddin Khilji, Bahadur Shah of Malwa, and the Mugal Emperor, Akbar. Each time, the Rajput rulers displayed exemplary heroism, always choosing death to dishonour, till the Fort was finally annexed to the Mughal Empire in 1567. Integral to its proud history are also the names of Rana Sangha, who built its famous Victory Tower, Rani Padmini, and the Krishna devotee, Meera Bai.